Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Fall is Falling!

This Ironcraft challenge was to create something for fall the title is what struck me the most. I think it's quite clever. I chose to continue my quest of becoming a quilter with a little exercise quilt. I saw one made of triangles and thought it was intriguing so I picked this one for the challenge. My idea was to create movement in the piece so I placed the triangles at different angles making them look like they are "falling".
It was quite a challenge for the triangles in the squares. I kept running out of fabric on one side of the triangles and had too much on the others. I still turned out kind of cool. When I look at it, my eye keeps moving from one triangle to the next which is what I wanted to accomplish. Of course, that's me. It's like reading your own short story, you can think it's brilliant but no one else gets it unless you explain it. I'd love comments and opinions.

8 comments:

  1. I think you definitely captured the falling movement with the triangles and the different angles and fabrics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you Ros. Coming from a fellow quilter it's appreciated.

      Delete
  2. I think it looks cool. I like modern quilts where everything isn't all perfectly square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat. I'm all for the imperfect in things. lol

      Delete
  3. How fun! I love that you incorporated the triangle design into the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. I think I achieved what I wanted to do.

      Delete