Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Many Wonders of Nature

The March Challenge of the PCAGOE is Nature. That is a wide subject that could be interpreted in as many ways as there are artists who choose to do so. At first, when I thought I had a lot of time, I thought of making spring goddesses or elaborate scenes of lakes and mountains. As usual life had other plans and this time it took the form of a bathroom remodeling. Worst case scenario it will take 3 days, they said. Ha! We are a full 8 days later and we are finally seeing the light. Technically, we are seeing the lights in the ceiling being reinstalled properly and the shower curtains being put up. It will look all spiffy once I paint and clean it up and that could take a while. The deadline approached fast and I had to think of something else. Thank God this challenge is so flexible. Nature has a widespread range like that.
I've been making these sewing pins, which I talked about in the last post. They are so efficient when I quilt and sew. This past week I introduced them to my quilting guild and they bought them all. I needed more and necessity met opportunity. In Nature you find fruit. How hard could it be?
I've never done much in the line of miniatures. I'm not a girly-girl much and have always thought of miniatures as a way of making little charms life cupcakes and Pokemon. Well, aren't I the surprised and humbled child when I attempt making these small versions of every day fruit. I tried making a cane of orange slices. That did not go as well as I would have hoped and we won't even mention the poor version of the strawberry cane. I know that with a little more practice I will be fine. I lift my hat to those who make these to be so realistic and yummy looking.
Therefore, I offer my humble creation of oranges, lemons and apples. They will serve their purpose of making pinning fabric much more comfortable on my poor hands and that is a much appreciated purpose indeed. These challenges are about growth both artistic and personal. I have met mine, bowing to those who have made creating miniatures an art. I will study the masters and keep trying. I may even start my next challenge's project earlier this time to give myself more leeway. Stranger things have happened!

2 comments:

  1. These are so fun! And such a great idea! I am also loving the grass pin holder, clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I love using them. They are very comfortable to handle.

      Delete