Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Happy Anniversary Ironcraft!

Well, I'm back with the Ironcraft bunch, given a challenge to make something every 2 weeks. I think this is my 3rd year and I love the challenges and all I learn from them. I had stopped during the holidays-artisans-shows season and am now ready to play.
For a 4th anniversary the traditions of gift giving is of flowers, fruit or appliances. I chose flowers and coupling this with my ongoing self-teaching of quilting, I present to you my Color Wheel Flower Quilt. It was fun to make, I especially like the gradation of colors in the fabrics. They are all from my scrap pile. When I started this project, what was supposed to be a wheel turned into a flower. I didn't follow instructions. Not that I knew that until it was too late. Reading quilting patterns is a skill that I have to learn. It isn't as easy at it looks.
So, finding myself with only half of the color panels I needed, I decided to make it look like I knew what I was doing and I made a flower instead of a wheel. I think it turned out very well and as far as the quilting lesson I got the general idea. I also re-affirmed that I need so much more practice. Patience and compassion are to be my motto for a long time to come and humour, can't forget humour. I'm going to need that too!
And what about you? Have you ever decided to go with the flow when you made a mistake on a project? Did you like the results?

2 comments:

  1. We don't call them mistakes, we call them "design choices" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Kat. I'll have to use that from now on. I think I may have more opportunities for "design choices".

      Delete