Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ironcraft at the Dollar Store!

This Ironcraft Challenge, the 14th already, was about what you could make from dollar store stuff. I have to say that I love the dollar store. I am always amazed at what you can find and often wonder how those cheap prices are possible. Being an artisan, I know the value of time and how things are made. It is absolutely mind boggling to me that some of these items are made so far away and end up on a shelf near me and that the price is so low. My pocket book is happy and still there is a part of me that wonders if there will be a bigger price to pay later on. I digress.  I decided to use an item I had in my own stash instead. I probably bought it at a dollar store at some point but at least now it has a use.
The little metal cage conjured dreams of a bird sitting in it. It was time to make that one come to life. Using a hollowed out egg, I covered it and sculpted a little bird to sit on its nest inside the cage. I gave my bird vivid colors and he seems pretty happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment